Women’s Running Series Nashville | Volunteer
Days til race day on Sep 27, 201466
The Women’s Running Nashville Half Marathon + 5k is looking for great volunteers to assist us with our 2014 event.
As a volunteer, you are the backbone of this event and each and every race participant benefits from your hard work, enthusiasm and spirit. Thank you for your interest in making the event, and the participants’ quest for the finish line, an incredible success!
Interested in being a Medical volunteer? The Medical Team is dedicated to providing rapid assessment and administering acute first aid services to event participants. The team is made up of volunteers from many medical institutions within the local community. Be a part of this vital group of volunteers, click the red Medical Volunteer Signup button to register!
General Volunteer Shift Information
- Thursday, September 25: 2:00pm to 4:00pm for Expo Setup
- Friday, September 26: 9:30am to 2:30pm & 2:00pm to 7:30pm at the Expo
- Saturday, September 27: 5:30am to 11:30am at the Start / Finish Line
- Saturday, September 27: Water Station (Shift Times and Locations TBD – email Kelsey Morris for details)
Benefits of Volunteering
- Even if you are not running, you can still be a part of the fun!
- You get a FREE Volunteer T-Shirt when you check in for your shift!
- You get the satisfaction of helping others!
- You’ll have a great time and meet new friends!
Please read the description for the position you are interested in carefully. If you have any question about the requirements or details of a certain position, please don’t hesitate to email the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years old.
- Volunteers must carry a photo ID.
- Volunteers must wear their 2014 Women’s Half Marathon Volunteer T-Shirts (exception – some water stop volunteers chose to wear ‘themed’ or pre-approved organization’s clothing).
- Dress casually and for the weather! Wear comfortable shoes.
- Do not bring cameras or other valuables with you to your assignment. The Women’s Running Series is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Do not bring pets, children, friends or anyone else with you as we cannot be responsible for them, they will interfere with you carrying out your responsibilities, and they will be prohibited from entering secured areas. Because of tight security measures this requirement will be strictly enforced.
- If at any time during your assignment you have a problem, notify the nearest staff member immediately, who in turn will inform the proper authorities.
- Volunteers are required to obey the No Smoking and No Alcohol policy for the duration of their assignment.
- Be prepared for a long but fun event day!