Women’s Running Series Nashville | Volunteer
The Women’s Running Nashville Half Marathon + 5k is looking for great volunteers to assist us with our 2014 event.
As a volunteer, you are the backbone of this event and each and every race participant benefits from your hard work, enthusiasm and spirit. Thank you for your interest in making the event, and the participants’ quest for the finish line, an incredible success!
Interested in being a Medical volunteer? The Medical Team is dedicated to providing rapid assessment and administering acute first aid services to event participants. The team is made up of volunteers from many medical institutions within the local community. Be a part of this vital group of volunteers, click the red Medical Volunteer Signup button to register!
General Volunteer Shift Information
- Thursday, September 25: 2:00pm to 4:00pm for Expo Setup
- Friday, September 26: 9:30am to 2:30pm & 2:00pm to 7:30pm at the Expo
- Saturday, September 27: 5:30am to 11:30am at the Start / Finish Line
- Saturday, September 27: Water Station (Shift Times and Locations TBD – email Kelsey Morris for details)
Benefits of Volunteering
- Even if you are not running, you can still be a part of the fun!
- You get a FREE Volunteer T-Shirt when you check in for your shift!
- You get the satisfaction of helping others!
- You’ll have a great time and meet new friends!
Please read the description for the position you are interested in carefully. If you have any question about the requirements or details of a certain position, please don’t hesitate to email the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years old.
- Volunteers must carry a photo ID.
- Volunteers must wear their 2014 Women’s Half Marathon Volunteer T-Shirts (exception – some water stop volunteers chose to wear ‘themed’ or pre-approved organization’s clothing).
- Dress casually and for the weather! Wear comfortable shoes.
- Do not bring cameras or other valuables with you to your assignment. The Women’s Running Series is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Do not bring pets, children, friends or anyone else with you as we cannot be responsible for them, they will interfere with you carrying out your responsibilities, and they will be prohibited from entering secured areas. Because of tight security measures this requirement will be strictly enforced.
- If at any time during your assignment you have a problem, notify the nearest staff member immediately, who in turn will inform the proper authorities.
- Volunteers are required to obey the No Smoking and No Alcohol policy for the duration of their assignment.
- Be prepared for a long but fun event day!
We are looking for energetic groups to fill designated Cheer Zones along the race course. Cheer Zones have the spirit that helps motivate and inspire each participant during their 13.1-mile journey to the finish line.
Every Cheer Zone will be eligible to win the coveted “Most Spirited” Award and 1st place will receive $500, 2nd place will receive $250 and 3rd place will receive $150!! Cheer Zone groups will be judged on the following criteria:
- Best Attire or Theme (costumes, uniforms, etc…)
- Décor / Signage
- Inspirational/ Motivational messages
- Cheer Volume
- Number of People (need at least 10 to qualify)
Groups of all ages are encouraged to apply to be a Cheer Zone. Dance teams, cheer squads, sports teams, academic and social clubs, youth groups, marching bands, etc. – are all welcome!
Getting involved is easy! You just need a group of at least ten members with a designated adult contact who are excited and enthusiastic about cheering the runners on to the finish line and who are available from 6:30-11am on race day!
If your group is interested in Women’ s Running Nashville Half Marathon Cheer Zone, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org