August 25 2017
Run Eat Repeat advises on the best things to eat and drink before and after long summer runs so that you can stay healthy all season.
I ran the Los Angeles Marathon two weekends ago. It was fun, awesome, hard and kicked my butt. I loved it. I have a special place in my heart for the LA Marathon. However it’s usually pretty warm out there and this year I made the not-so-wise choice of showing up under trained. Yet there is a bright side and I’m here to share it.
Here are 5 of the BEST parts of the LA Marathon…
1. Point-to-point course means you really run 26.2 miles all through Los Angeles. You get to see Dodger Stadium, Chinatown, Hollywood and a ton of other hot spots.
2. This is the least crowded the streets will ever be.
3. You’re in Hollywood so there might be a celeb spotting.
4. It may not be perfect running weather, but it’s perfect ‘living weather’ as I call it. Basically always 76 degrees—not too shabby for pre- and post-race sightseeing and relaxing.
5. For whatever reason the LA Marathon hasn’t grown to the popularity of Chicago or New York so you can run it without a lottery or raffle or standing on your head while singing the Star Spangled Banner. So, go for it!