November 16 2017
The holiday is about giving thanks and spending time with loved ones, after all.
Runners—how many of your girlfriends’ bridal and baby showers have you gone to? How many hours have you spent listening to wedding and baby planning drama? Now that you have decided to run a marathon, maybe it’s time that your friends throw you a marathon shower. They can sit through listening to you incessantly talk about your big upcoming day. Here is a list of the top ten gifts that you should include in your marathon shower registry:
10. A gift card to your local running store, because every Runderella needs to find her own perfect fit shoe. You may want to take this guide to choosing the perfect running shoes with you.
9. A foam roller, to massage out those tired muscles after those long double-digit runs.
8. Energy bars, gels, electrolyte drinks, and every kind of nut butter imaginable; because you’re going to be one rungry girl.
4. A running watch, because you’re going to become just a little obsessed with your mileage, splits and PR’s.
3. A good yoga mat, because every runner needs to complement her runs with good strength and stretching exercises.
2. A belt, bottle, or vest that allows you to carry your keys, phone, fuel and hydration.
1. And most importantly, a subscription to Women’s Running Magazine print edition, although can you even call yourself a runner if you don’t already have one?