March 26 2015
New Balance commemorates the 2015 Boston Marathon a limited edition shoe.
Today is the 118th running of the Boston Marathon. We’re excited to be in Boston for what promises to be an emotional but triumphant day. Here are some quick facts about this year’s race.
– 36,000 people will be on the starting line this morning. This is the largest number of entrants since the centennial race in 1996. Entries were given to victims and to those who were not able to finish last year’s race.
– The elite women’s race begins at 9:32am EST. The elite men and Wave 1 start at 10am. Wave 2 starts at 10:25am. Wave 3 starts at 11:00am and Wave 4 begins at 11:25am.
– Last year’s winner, Rita Jeptoo, is back to defend her crown. The top Americans in the race include Shalane Flanagan, Desiree Linden, Serena Burla, and Adrianna Nelson. Hometown hero Flanagan finished 4th last year and Linden finished 2nd in 2011.
– Top American men include Ryan Hall, Meb Keflezighi, Jason Hartmann, Nick Arciniaga, Brett Gotcher, Jeffery Eggleston, and Abdi Abdirahman.
– You can stream the marathon for free at http://watchlive.baa.org/ starting at 9:30am. TV Coverage will be on Universal Sports starting at 8:30am.
– Sara Hall, who ran a 4:45.9 to place 4th in Saturday’s B.A.A. Invitational Mile, gives her best marathon advice. Click here to see her describe Boston.
Track friends and family with AT&T Athlete Alert. You can follow along with our Women’s Running team!
Are you running or cheering tomorrow? Tweet your race day photos to @WomensRunning or email them to us at email@example.com.