December 7 2017
Our squad of testers put the latest running and fitness gear to the sweat test to determine the winners of our 2017 Tech Awards.
With spring track season just beginning, life can seem a swirl of classes, practices and meets for teenage girls. Soothe the soul of your cross-country-running sister, daughter or friend with these treats made for the trendy student-athletes.
1. Combine function and fashion with these fab hairbands that double as wrist accessories. On-the-Go Hairband Bracelets, $8 for a six-pack; activeaccessoriesusa.com
2. A sweet and sassy tank for those steamy training days. Gymdoll Suck It Up, Buttercup Active Tank, $26; gymdoll.com
3. This stylish book bag is perfect for showing off her running spirit in the hallways. CafePress Run Pink Polka Dot Messenger Bag, $37; cafepress.com
4. These new runner-friendly wicking undies are built for buns of steel. Believe I Am + Dear Kate “I Am Strong” Running Bikini Set, $58 for two pairs; believeiam.com
5. This cute insulated bottle works just as well on a track bag as it does on a school desk. Tervis Runner Girl Bottle, $15; tervis.com
6. Calm pre-race jitters with polyester jammies that reassure a strong performance right down the seam! Oiselle Podium PJs, $64; oiselle.com
7. Inspire her future goals with true stories from two eras of female runners who competed for the iconic University of Oregon track team. “We Grew Wings” Documentary, $20; wegrewwings.com
8. Give of the gift of recovery—this mini massager is effective and easy to throw into a gym bag. Trigger Point The Grid Mini, $25; tptherapy.com