July 13 2017
The Women's Running team picks eight running and recovery items they recommend for runners as the summer season kicks off.
Spring is the perfect time of year to start running. When you’re brand new, a little inspiration goes a long way! The novice in your life will cherish thoughtful T-shirts, trinkets and training journals that provide enough motivation to stay psyched throughout the year.
1. What new runner doesn’t need more wicking gear? This workout-outfit-of-the-month club delivers a new cute top and bottom (like the combo pictured here) every 30 days. Fabletics Membership, $50 per outfit; fabletics.com
2. Increased mileage makes for a thirsty friend! Water tastes wonderful with electrolyte-fortified tablets in flavors like tangerine-lime. Nuun All Day Hydration, $30 for 4 tubes; nuun.com
3. A pretty diary makes setting goals—and sticking to them—more fun. Believe I Am Training Journal, $20; believeiam.com
4. For a personalized touch, pen her name on the bib! Gone for a Run Runner Ornament, $10; goneforarun.com
5. A must-have gift? We think so! Training plans, recipes, motivation and more. Women’s Running One-Year Subscription; womensrunning.com
6. Give your running buddy a piece of your heart. Activate Apparel Running Partners Tank, $27 each; activateapparel.com
7. All it takes is a glance at the fingers to keep the flame for running burning strong. Erica Sara Designs Stackable Rings, $42–52 each; ericasaradesigns.com
8. This gym bag shines bright, even when filled with sweaty clothes. Lululemon Sweat Once a Day Bag, $128; lululemon.com