August 6 2015
Stay alert and responsible with these on-the-run tips.
Coach Darren Brown says you should ask yourself these five questions every time you go out for a run. . .
1. Can I do this run with company? Run with someone at all times, even if it means rearranging your schedule slightly.
2. Will cars be able to see me? Stick to well-lit areas, and always wear reflective gear and a headlamp if you will be out before or after the sun.
3. Does someone know where I am? Even when you’re running in a group, it’s best to let someone else know that you’re going, where you’re going and how long they should expect you to be gone.
4. Do I have my ID on me? Always carry identification in case of emergency. Tuck your driver’s license into your pocket or invest in a bracelet that has your information and medical history.
5. Am I carrying protection? If you are running in an unfamiliar area by yourself, invest in a small can of pepper spray.