October 29 2015
This running coach shares her top trail tips for runners.
Thanks to all our readers who shared their favorite summer running tricks! You guys are just full of excellent ideas.
1. The best way to beat the heat for me is to run early in the morning. –Shelia Slone & others
2. Think ahead to how amazing it will feel to run in November. –Jennifer Paul
3. Run with water-saturated sponges that have been frozen in baggies. –Deb
4. I always run with a white hat to keep the sun out of my face – not to mention it is a perfect way to cool down when you soak it in the water fountain, and then put it back on. –Mary @food and fun on the run
5. I stuff ice cubes down my sports bra! –Jennifer K
6. I just bought one of the best things ever: a hydration vest. I can carry 70 oz. of water and I don’t even notice that I have it one. –Cindy Glass
7. Eat a popsicle before you head out to bring your body temp down. –Rachel Trachsel
8. Drink water as soon as you wake up. –Makeda
9. Before you go to bed, soak a hat in water and put it in the freezer. Make sure to take it out at least 5 minutes before your run, because it needs some time to “uncrunch”. Your ice hat will keep your body temperature down for the first couple of miles, and you can rewet it along the way! –Monica Lacks