December 11 2017
A registered dietitian offers her best tips for runners considering the meatless diet route.
With spring temperatures already on the rise, we here at Women’s Running are craving lighter fare with lots of fresh veggies and fruits. Today’s post is dedicated to one of our favorites – a Simple Spring Salad. This super easy-to-prepare salad combines cool lettuce with juicy strawberries, and crisp celery – topped off with crunchy almonds and savory vinaigrette dressing. This 5-ingredient dish is healthy and quickly assembled for the runner who’s on-the-go.
Simple Spring SaladIngredients:
1 cup chopped lettuce or baby spinach
5 whole strawberries
2 celery stalks
1 Tablespoon sliced almonds
1 Tablespoon vinegarette dressing of your choice (We used Marzetti’s Simply Dressed Champagne Vinegarette)
1. Chop lettuce into bite-size pieces and place in salad bowl.
2. Remove the hull from strawberries and slice. Scatter slices on the lettuce, making sure to evenly distribute.
3. Chop the celery stalks into 1/2 inch width pieces and add to salad.
4. Measure 1 Tablespoon of sliced almonds and sprinkle on top of salad.
5. Pour 1 Tablespoon of dressing onto salad and lightly toss ingredients in the salad bowl.
Try pairing this salad with an apple or an ounce of cheese and whole grain crackers for a light, healthy lunch. You can also add sliced chicken breast or tofu to get a dose of protein. The possibilities are endless!
50 DAYS OF GIVEAWAYS – Day 2!
1 THE STICK HYBRID MASSAGE TOOL
Win a Hybrid Stick Massage Tool! This flexible massage tool is a brand-new model from the self-massage retailer: The Stick. Worth $45, thestick.com
ENTRY NOW CLOSED
Yesterday’s winner. . .
Congratulations to Margaret McAvoy who won a Nike+ SportWatch GPS. Please email Jessica@womensrunning.com with your mailing address to claim your prize!